Monday, August 13, 2012

More Manny!

Manny does it again!

#1. Machado, Reynolds help O's rap up Royals
#2. Johnson retires Getz to earn the save
#3. Mclouth robs Escobar with great sliding catch
#4. Markakis blasts a solo homer in the fifth
#5. Reynolds leads Orioles past the Royals.
#6. Machado awarded two-run homer upon reveiw

Whether he likes it or not, Mark Reynolds understands the role he's been put in.
With newcomer Manny Machado seemingly entrenched at third base -- and rightfully so after hitting his third homer in four Major League games on Sunday -- Reynolds has been relegated to splitting first-base duties with Wilson Betemit.
But even after a pair of days on the bench, Reynolds made the most of a starting opportunity, knocking an RBI single in the sixth for the go-ahead run in a 5-3 win over the Royals to give the O's a split of the four-game series at Camden Yards.
"It's what I've got to do," Reynolds said. "It's the situation I'm in. When I'm there, I'll be ready to go."
The win moves the O's into the American League's second Wild Card spot, finishing a stretch of 30 games in 31 days ahead of Monday's off-day.
"We're definitely tired," shortstop J.J. Hardy said. "We're all going to enjoy our off-day, but today was a huge win for us."
Baltimore Orioles news, by Gregg Luca



No comments:

Post a Comment