Today for my Clemson team, we had a double header. First we played the Twerps (who we killed 16-7) and then we played Michigan (who killed us 6-2). In the first game I was 1-3 with a single. The Twerps pitchers couldn't throw so we were knocking the ball all over the place. On my last at bat, I had finally figured out these guys' balls would go down a foot before it reached the dish. So I step up in the box, first pitch... boom! Straight to right field! Then I stole all the bases. So when I had gotten back in the dugout, Michigan had finished their game and came up behind our dugout to watch us play. Michigan was wearing pink (October breast cancer awareness month), so I said...
Me: Hey Clemson! I didn't know we were playing a girls team today! Ha! Ha! What's with all the pink, man??
Kid on Michigan: If you don't support breast cancer, you don't like @#$%^&*!
Me (to my teammates): Don't worry! I'll handle this.
(So I go back to my bag and pull out a card from my mom's website.)
Me: Here ya go!
(The kid passes it around to his teammates)
Back to baseball. So our game ends and Michigan comes on. Their pitcher was just like the last one I had faced in the Twerps game. So I stepped up, he fogged'em right by me. Then another one and that was my last at-bat in that league. So the season ended with a strikeout. Then I counted my at-bats for the whole year... I was 4-22. I hope I do better next time. GOOO CLEMSON!
No comments:
Post a Comment